November 6, 2012

Tofu no An Kake/豆腐のあんかけ

As part of supper tonight, I made tofu no an kake, using the leaftover vegetable stir-fry from last night's supper.
an = sauce thickened with starch
kake = poured
今日の夕飯には、昨日の夕飯の残りの野菜炒めを使って、豆腐のあんかけを作りました。

Leftover stir-fry:
残りの野菜炒め:
Because this particular stir-fry does not contain meat, I added a can of tuna, together with some water.  I tasted it, and added 1 tsp instant dashi and 1/4 tsp salt.  Finally, I added about 2 tbsp katakuriko (potato starch) mixed with some water.
この野菜炒めには肉は入っていないので、ツナを一缶入れて、水も足しました。味見して、出汁の素を小さじ1と塩を小さじ1/4入れました。最後に、片栗粉を約大さじ2、水で溶いて入れました。
A common recipe says to heat tofu in a pot of hot water, but I simply heated a pack of tofu, previously cut into 16 cubes, in a microwave for 1 minute.
通常のレシピーだと、豆腐をお湯の入った鍋で温めるのですが、私は、16個に切った豆腐1パックを電子レンジで1分温めました。

Pour the an over the tofu.
豆腐にあんをかけます。
Very tasty.
とても美味しかったです。

Be imaginative, and make your own tofu no ankake.
想像力を豊かにして、自分自身の豆腐のあんかけを作ってください。

3 comments:

okasan said...

Thanks for explaining what あんかげis. I often cook my tofu in a similar fashion. Have you tried heating up Oyster sauce with a little sugar and sesame oil and pour over warmed tofu? Sometimes I stir fried some shiitake and then add the oyster mixture and pour over warmed tofu and garnish with some green onions. とても美味しい!

Hiroyuki said...

okasan: Your versions sound delicious! Unfortunately, I usually don't have oyster sauce in the kitchen, and when a recipe calls for oyster sauce, I simply replace it with soy sauce...

Hiroyuki said...

Anonymous: Thanks for checking my humble recipe!