June 13, 2016

Uses of Ume Jam and Ume Syrup/梅ジャムと梅シロップの使い道

Here is one simple simultaneous use of ume jam and ume syrup.
梅ジャムと梅シロップを同時に使う簡単な方法です。
In a glass, simply put some ice cubes, ume syrup, shochu (Japanese distilled spirit), and ume jam.
グラスに、氷、梅シロップ、焼酎、梅ジャムを入れます。
The addition of ume jam makes this type of alcoholic drink (ume chuhai (chuhi), ume hai (hi), or ume sour) incredibly tasty. After one sip, I added some more jam (and syrup).
梅ジャムを入れると、この種のアルコール飲料(梅チューハイ、梅ハイ、梅サワー)は信じられないくらい美味しくなります。一口飲んで、梅ジャムをさらに足しました(シロップも)。  
You can use ume syrup in cooking in a variety of ways when both sweetness and sourness are called for.
I highly recommend home-making ume syrup and ume jam!
梅シロップは料理に色々と、甘酸っぱさが必要な時に使えます。
梅シロップと梅ジャムを自分で作ることを強く薦めます!


2 comments:

ErinBear said...

Dear Hiroyuki,

That looks like it would be a very interesting drink. I wonder if it would also taste good with soda, for people who don't drink alcohol? I hope you and your wife continue to enjoy the ume jam and ume syrup. It looks like there are many ways to use them.

Take care,
Erin from California

Hiroyuki said...

ErinBear: I've never tried ume jam + ume syrup + carbonated water myself, but I can imagine that it's as tasty as the alcoholic version.

I'll ask my wife to get ume syrup and ume jam into her cooking (she is now the main cook in my family). My daughter likes "asparagus rolled in meat" seasoned with ponzu, and I'm interested to know what the dish will taste like if seasoned with ume syrup (and soy sauce).