October 17, 2008

Kinako (Roasted Soy Bean Powder)/きなこ


Kinako is usually mixed with sugar at a ratio of 1:1, with a pinch of salt added. Personally, I usually cut back on the amount of sugar used to a ratio of, say, 1:0.5 to 1:0.8.
きなこは普通、砂糖と1:1で混ぜて、塩を一つまみ足します。私自身は普通、砂糖の使用量を1:0.5~1:0.8の割合まで減らしますが。
For lunch the other day, my daughter wanted to have "kinako pan (bread)". I simply added milk to the kinako-and-sugar mixture little by little until the right texture, and my daughter spread some of it on a slice of bread.
先日、昼食に娘がきなこパンを食べたがりました。ただ、きなこと砂糖を混ぜたものに牛乳を少しずつ足して、ちょうど良い硬さにします。娘はそれを食パンの上で延ばします。

2 comments:

Yvette said...

I never thought of doing that and putting it on bread. I always associate kinako with mochi and ice cream!

Hiroyuki said...

Thanks for your comments, yvette.
Try some on your bread if you ever get tired of peanut butter. You will be pleasantly surprised! I also recommend kinako milk (milk + kinako + sugar).