September 10, 2012

Echigo-Tsumari Art Triennale, Part XI/大地の芸術祭、パート11

On September 9, I made the fourth trip to this art festival.  I had thought I had already visited all the artworks I found interesting, but I asked for suggestions, and was told that I should see certain artworks in the Matsunoyama area.  Mainly because of the suggestion and partly because I had not yet visited the Nakasato and Tsunan areas, I decided to make the fourth trip.
This art festival is held in six areas:  Tokamachi, Kawanishi, Matsudai, Matsunoyama, Nakasato, and Tsunan.
9月9日、この芸術祭にまた行きました。四度目です。自分が興味深いと思った作品は全て見たと思っていたのですが、助言を求めると、松之山エリアの或る作品を見たらどうかと言われました。その助言もあり、また中里エリアと津南エリアには行ったことがないので、四度目の旅をすることにしました。
この芸術祭は6つのエリアで開催されています: 十日町、川西、松代、松之山、中里、津南。

I thought I would go to the Matsunoyama area first, but lost my way and ended up visiting this artwork first, which is in the Nakasato area.
まず松之山エリアに行こうと思ったのですが、道に迷い、結局、中里エリアにあるこの作品を最初に見ることになりました。

N061
To be continued.
続く。

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Ever since I was a child, I did not understand modern art. I still don't like it. Public art should be beautiful, enjoyable, funny, or meaningful. Most modern public art only has meaning to the artist, it's not enjoyable for other people. What do you think? I think you are slightly disappointed too, right?

Hiroyuki said...

Anonymous: Thanks for your comment. Yes, I was not slightly but greatly disappointed in some artworks! As someone who likes functional beauty and universal design, I basically agree with you. However, I have found some gems among the 300+ artworks there, and isn't it wonderful if you have some artworks to turn to when you need some kind of refreshment or distraction?