September 10, 2012

Echigo-Tsumari Art Triennale, Part XIV/大地の芸術祭、パート14

I lost my way again:  I wanted to turn left, which would lead me to Matsunoyama, but the road sign suggested that the road was blocked, so I had to turn right, which led me to... Tokamachi!
I became hungry.  Would I go to a traditional sushi shop?  I ended up buying these at a conbini (convenience store).
また道に迷ってしまいました。左に曲がれば、松之山に行くはずでしたが、道路標識を見ると、その道は封鎖されているようなので、右に曲がりました。すると十日町まで来てしまいました!
お腹がすいたので、寿司屋に行こうかと思いましたが、結局はコンビニでこんなものを買いました。 
Maku no uchi bento, cream cheese cake, and barley tea.
幕の内弁当、クリームチーズケーキ、麦茶。
Any conbini in Japan has some nice sweets.
日本のコンビニには、美味しいスイーツがあります。
After I became full, I changed my mood, and decided to try to reach Matsunoyama again,
お腹が一杯になってから、気を取り戻し、また松之山に行こうと決めました。

because I wanted to visit this hilarious museum:
この面白い美術館に行きたかったからです:
Y089


Watch these famous paintings before proceeding.
これらの名画を見てから、先に進んで下さい。
I found this sign:
Shita ga ugokeba te ga yasumu.
(When your tongue moves, your hands will rest.)
こんな看板がありました:
舌が動けば手が休む 
It must have been made by a very hardworking person.
とても働き者が作ったのでしょう。

Here is a YouTube video, posted by EchigoTsumariARtFILe.
EchigoTsumariARtFILeさんがアップしたYouTubeビデオがあります。

To be continued.
続く。

6 comments:

Chibimoni said...

Wow..lots of updates on the Echigo Tsumari art exhibition. Is your house nearby the exhibition area?

Spotted "The Gleaners", "The Scream" and "The Last Supper". I guess the lady sitting is "Monalisa"? Must be exciting visiting all those cool sites. \(*T▽T*)/

Hiroyuki said...

Chibimoni: Yes, most artworks are within one-hour drive from my house.

Yes, Mona Lisa! I would like to hear what the woman thinks of her being selected for such a model.

Fräulein Trude said...

Really really nice, especially "Whistlers mother" and "maid with the milk can". Thanks for sharing.

Sissi said...

Amazing! I want to go to this museum one day. "The Scream" is extraordinary! (By the way, I must be obsessed because I read your first words like this: "I lost my weight again").

Hiroyuki said...

Kiki and Sissi: I'm glad that you seemed to like the museum.

Sissi, I wish I could say, "I lost my weight again." I think I have gained some weight since last March... Shinmai (new crop rice) is so good!

Sissi said...

I also wish I could say this... If it was only for the rice...