August 2, 2014

eGullet/eGullet(イーガレット、イガレ)

It was only yesterday that I learned from this thread on eGullet that Steven Shaw, a founder of eGullet, died on April 8 at the age of 44.

May he rest in peace.

I was active on eGullet from 2004 to 2010. I've learned a great deal from this online culinary discussion forum about cornmeal (and cornbread), Shigefusa knives, coffee, American authentic hamburgers, and warabi mochi, just to name a few.

Edited to add: The link above does not work somehow.
Try this one:
Link

昨日、eGulletの創始者の一人、Steven Shawさんが4月8日、44歳で亡くなったことをこのスレッドで知りました。

ご冥福をお祈りします。

私はeGulletで2004年から2010年まで活動していました。この食に関するオンラインのフォラムからは、コーンミール(それとコーンブレッドも)、重房の包丁、コーヒー、アメリカの正真正銘のハンバーグ、わらびもちなど、たくさんのことを学びました。

2 comments:

Sissi said...

It's sad news... I have never been a member, but I often stumble upon eGullet while looking for some food-related solution... and I found eGullet fascinating and very intelligent (contrary to some other food-related forums and such). I stumbled upon your comments quite often actually. You were a precious contributor!

Hiroyuki said...

Sissi: Thanks for your compliment. Yes, without doubt, eGullet is one of the best food-related forums.