December 9, 2014

Petit Zeitaku (Luxury) Worth 2,000 Yen/2,000円分のプチ贅沢

The day before yesterday, I got 2,000 yen as the reward for the duty I performed this summer for the agricultural area, and I suddenly hit upon a good idea: doing some petit zeitaku (luxury) with this money. I decided to use half the money, 1,000 yen, to buy some sashimi for my family and the other half to buy some sake for myself.
一昨日(おととい)、今年の夏に農区で行った作業の報酬として2,000円もらいました。すぐにいい考えが浮かんできました。このお金でプチ贅沢をしようということです。半分、1,000円で家族に刺身を買い、後の半分で自分用にお酒を買うことにしました。

So, yesterday, I bought these two sake:
と言うわけで、昨日は、この2つのお酒を買いました。

Yuki Otoko (Abominable Snowman) from Aoki Shuzo
青木酒造の雪男
 


Hakucho Kura from Echigo Zakura Shuzo:
越後桜酒造の白鳥蔵:

This is the very first time that I have had sake from a straw.
ストローでお酒を飲むのは初めてです。
And, today, I bought these three packs of sashimi for 980 yen in total.
そして、今日は、刺身を3パック(全部で980円)買いました。

Tai (sea bream) sashimi:
鯛(たい、タイ)の刺身:
Assortment of sashimi (buri (adult yellowtail, maguro akami (lean tuna), and tai):
刺身の盛り合わせ(ブリ、マグロの赤身、鯛):
I bought this one shochu:
焼酎を一つ買いました:
Iichiko (barley shochu). A very famous brand.
いいちこ(麦焼酎)。とても有名な銘柄です。

I also bought one One Cup Ozeki.
ワンカップ大関も一つ買いました。 


I also bought some menchi (not as part of the petit zeitaku).
メンチも買いました(プチ贅沢の一部ではありません)。
Meat patty type menchi.
パティータイプのメンチです。
The three sake and the one shochu cost 778 yen in total. 778 yen + 980 yen for sashimi = 1,785 yen, excluding 8% consumption tax, which is well within the 2,000 yen budget.
お酒3つと焼酎1つで、778円でした。778円と刺身の980円=1,785円(8%の消費税抜き)で、2,000円の予算を軽くクリアしています。

To tell you the truth, I also bought this Hakkaisan sake.
実を言うと、この八海山のお酒も買いました。


I will have this one tomorrow.
これは明日飲みます。

WARNING: For some, a petit zeitaku may mean spending 10,000 yen or more for something they want to eat or do.
警告: 人によっては、プチ贅沢とは、食べたいこと、やりたいことに1万円以上使うことかもしれません。

6 comments:

Fräulein Trude said...

It is different to each and everyone when it comes to spending money on small luxuries. This sake coming with a straw looks like some average small milk or juice carton, awsome.

Hiroyuki said...

Kiki:
>It is different to each and everyone when it comes to spending money on small luxuries.

And, some people will spend only for themselves.

The sake pack is really awsome, and at 95 yen, it's the lowest in price.

Miko said...

優れた way to go mate !

Hiroyuki said...

Miko: Thanks!

Victoria said...

It sounds like a great way to treat your family and yourself. I usually also select a type of food my husband and I like.

Which type of sake do you usually like?

Hiroyuki said...

Victoria: I would have felt guilty if I had spent all the money for myself, and I would have felt stupid if I had spent it all for my family (laugh).

None of the brands I showed here. I like nama zake ("raw sake") from Aoki Shuzo. But the ones I showed here are all very good in their own way, even the one in a paper carton.