January 21, 2009

Souzai (Store-Bought Side Dishes), Again!/惣菜、再び!

For some reason, I don't feel up to cooking these days, and keep buying souzai from a local supermarket. I know I must go back to my former self and start cooking again.
Here are photos of almost all the souzai (store-bought side dishes) and other food items that I bought on Jan. 17 to 20.
何故だか、この頃、料理をする気にならなくて、地元のスーパーで惣菜を買っています。元の自分に戻って、料理を始めなければ、とは分かっていますが。
1月17日~20日まで買った惣菜やその他の食材の殆どの写真を載せます。
"Tara no me" tempura:
たらの芽天:

"Tara no me" refers to the young shoots of a tree called tara no ki. For more information on this tree, click here.
たらの芽とはタラノキという木の新芽のことです。この木の詳細については、ここをクリックして下さい。
Medium fatty hon maguro (bluefin tuna), from Okinawa:
沖縄産の本マグロの中トロ:

Can you see the blue sticker on the left? It says "Raw", which means that the tuna is not frozen.
左側の青いシールが見えますか?「生」と書いてあります。つまり、冷凍物ではないということです。
Tanner crab from Russia:
ロシア産のズワイガニ:

Chinese-style harusame (bean-starch vermicelli) salad:
中華風春雨サラダ:

Bibimbap:
ビビンバ:


Korean dishes are now very popular in Japan.
日本では、韓国の料理は今ではとても人気があります。
Sashimi-grade ama ebi (sweet shrimp) from Hokkaido:
刺身用、北海道産の甘エビ

Potato salad:
ポテトサラダ:

Can you see the 50 yen off sticker?
50円引きのシールが見えますか?
Namul:
ナムル:


This one has a 20 yen off sticker on it.
こちらには20円引きシールが付いてます。
Chicken kara age:
鶏の唐揚げ:

Lasagna:
ラザニア:

3 comments:

Nerd Mom said...

Chicken kara age is one of my 6 year old daughter's favorite foods.

The potato salad is very colorful. Most potato salads that are sold in the markets here aren't so colorful. Mostly white and yellow with little flecks of green.

Hiroyuki said...

Cheryl: Is the potato salad colorful? It only contains cucumber, ham, and carrot. I can put more ingredients like corn, fake crab meat, canned tuna, cabbage, green peas, and onion. I usually put a teaspoonful of sugar and a tablespoonful of vinegar as kakushi aji (hidden flavors). The most important ingredient of potato salad is Kewpie mayonnaise (laugh)!

Nerd Mom said...

Here in the US, potato salad is generally just boiled, peeled, cut up potatoes, chopped hard cooked eggs, onion, celery, pickle relish (sweet cucumber pickles chopped up), some spices and mayonnaise. Nothing fancy. Some markets have more upscale versions, but the basic recipe I mentioned it the one most commonly found.

I perfer the fancy potato salads myself. My favorite potato salad has bits of bacon in it.