Someone ordered a Shigefusa kitaeji mioroshi deba with a blade length of 10 sun from Yoshizawa Riko through me in August last year, and got it in late June this year.
He/she provided me with these photos to share.
注： 10寸は30.3 cm（約12インチ）です。でも、吉沢利工からの請求書には、尺５分（31.8 cm）と書かれています。
Shigefusa seems to have a large backlog of orders. The time to delivery was about 5-6 months only a few years ago, but now it is about 1 year.
This is an eye opener to hear about its long wait for knives!
Are they all custom made to cater for special orders?
Twilight Man: Just search around on the Internet, and you will see Shigefusa is one of the most famous kitchen knife makers in Japan.
Premade Shifegusa knives are available, I have three of them myself, but some people want to have custom made ones, naturally.
Dear Hiroyuki, is it still possible to order Shigefusa knives through you? How would one go about doing this?
Geijin: Yes. If you are serious about getting one, consider the following:
1. Your local dealer may be able to offer better prices than Yoshizawa Riko.
2. I'm not a merchant; I'm a volunteer. The transaction is between Yoshizawa Riko and you.
3. Yoshizawa Riko does not cover the PayPal fee (3.9% + 40 yen). You need to cover the fee.
4. You also have to cover the shipping fee.
For details of shipping fees, visit this site:
5. The time to delivery used to be 5-6 months, but partly because of the increase of consumption tax from 5% to 8%, effective April 1, this year, Shigefusa seems to have a large backlog of orders. The time to delivery can now be almost one year. Another consumption tax increase (to 10%, this time) is expected in the near future.
Dear Hiroyuki, thank you very much for your quick response and information! Is there a possibility take this conversation private?
Post a Comment