June 26, 2011

Chuka Harusame Salad/中華春雨サラダ

I made chuka harusame (Chinese cellophane noodle) salad as part of supper tonight.
今日の夕飯に中華春雨サラダを作りました。
50 g cellophane noodles
1/2 carrot
1-2 cucumbers
10 fake crab meat sticks
Small amount of white sesame seeds
50-60 ml soy sauce
50-60 ml vinegar
4 tsp sugar
(Soy sauce, vinegar, and sugar ratio = 3:3:1)
1-2 tsp sesame oil
春雨 50 g
ニンジン 1/2本
きゅうり 1、2本
かにかま 10本
白ゴマ 少量
しょう油 50~60 ml
お酢 50~60 ml
砂糖 小さじ4
(しょう油、お酢、砂糖の割合=3:3:1)
ごま油 1、2杯


I, for one, like to have this salad with karashi (Japanese mustard).
私としては、カラシと一緒に食べるのが好きです。
We also had aji no hiraki and sanma no hiraki. (Four of us shared the two fish.)
アジの開きとサンマの開きも食べました(二尾の魚を四人で食べました)。
We will have the saba fillet and two salmon slices marinated in saikyo miso in the near future. Saiko miso is a type of shiro (white) miso.
サバとサケの西京漬けは近いうちに食べます。西京味噌は白味噌の一種です。

8 comments:

Sissi said...

I might steal your salad recipe one day... I think I have to write a list of all the recipes I want to try from your blog. It starts being too long to remember!

fred said...

Rice vermicelli, it's best stir-fried, for me. But, Thailand-style vermicelli salad is good too!
and I surprised to see this Japanese-style vermicelli salad recipe!!
Should I try it soon?(笑)

Hiroyuki said...

Sissi: Steal? You can steal from mine, and I can steal from yours! (laugh)

Hiroyuki said...

fred: I guess you are talking about bí-hún (ビーフン). Bi-hun and harusame (made from bean starch) are similar, but slightly differ in texture.
The Japanese like stir-fried bi-hun, too!
I also like to put harusame in clear soup, and my wife usually puts some harusame in harumaki (spring rolls).

Sissi said...

Thank you, Hiroyuki. I would of course be very happy if you "stole" something from my blog ;-)

Fräulein Trude said...

This salad is quite sweet. I added chilipepper. Oh, and I had no fake crab. So I used precooked clawfish and a dash of Nam Plah for some very tiny "fishy" taste. Nice! Thanks
Kiki

Hiroyuki said...

Kiki: I sometimes use microwaved chicken breats instead of fake crab meat, and kinshi tamago is a nice addition, too.

fred said...

oh I see, my bad.(笑)